New addition to museum Maori collection

Greenstone adze donated to museum

An adze-shaped greenstone was found on a farm in Harris Road, Woodville in the 1920s by the Brady children. The farm was owned by Muriel (Toppy) Clark, who died on 8th April 1923. After her death the children were playing in a clump of trees on the farm, and found the greenstone wedged in a branch of a tree that was overgrown. It appeared to have been there for some years.